Global Point Research makes this site and the related site materials available for your access and use subject to your compliance with these Terms of Service (“TOS”). Your obligations under this TOS include the obligation to abide by our Community Guidelines and other terms and conditions (“supplemental terms”) that apply to specific Global Point Research projects, products, and services.
“Site materials” means the content, tools, products, services, projects, and activities made available or enabled via this site.
This website and the products and services offered by Global Point Research are not intended for children, and children should not provide any personal information (including without limitation name and email address) to us via this site. By accessing or using this site, you agree to comply with this TOS, and you certify that you are at least 13 years old, and that if you are between 13 and 18 years old, you have obtained the consent of your parent or legal guardian to use this site. Do not use or access the site if you do not agree to this TOS.
You agree that you will not use the site or any site materials, project, or service to:
- (a) transmit spam, bulk, or unsolicited communications
- (b) forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers (including URLs) in order to disguise the origin of any transmitted content
- (c) misrepresent your identity, or affiliation with any person or entity
- (d) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users’ ability to participate in the site or any site projects or services
- (e) engage in activities that would violate any fiduciary relationship, any applicable local, state, national or international law; or
- (f) collect or store personal data about other users unless specifically authorized to do so by such users.
All of your contributions and submissions to the site and any site projects or services must comply with the applicable policies and guidelines.
You represent and warrant with respect to each of your submissions that it:
- (i) does not include unauthorized disclosure(s) of personal information or trade secrets, and does not include any confidential information
- (ii) does not violate anyone’s rights, including without limitation intellectual property rights
- (iii) does not contain software viruses or any other elements designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any software, systems, or devices
- (iv) does not contain or link to commercial solicitations
- (v) is not subject to laws or regulations regarding the export and other dissemination of information or technology; and
- (vi) is not inaccurate, defamatory, obscene, harassing, or otherwise objectionable in a manner which would support third party legal claims.
As between you and Global Point Research, you assume all risk and consequences resulting from any third party’s use of any submission that you make. You grant to us and our respective licensees and assigns, the perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and worldwide right, but not the obligation, to make use the name under which you submit content in connection with any subsequent use of the content.
Some projects and activities on our site require that submissions made by you be made in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike License v.3.0 and/or any subsequent version, or another specified license. You agree that we shall be entitled to make use of the submission in accordance with the applicable license, without any obligation to you for such use other than the obligations imposed by that license.
Some opportunities for submitting content do not specify an applicable license. In the case of those submissions, you grant to us and our respective licensees and assigns, the perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive, and worldwide right to make any use of the submission that we deem suitable in our sole discretion (for example: reproduce, edit, display, publish, or display, publish, or distribute in any format or media), without any obligation to you for such use.
We agree that you retain ownership of the copyrights in your submissions, regardless of which license applies to our use, provided that if your submission contains third party or public domain content, we and you shall have the same rights as any member of the public with respect to the third party or public domain content.
If you submit ideas, suggestions, or proposals to us through our suggestion, user comment, or feedback pages, you acknowledge and agree that:
- (a) your submission does not contain confidential or proprietary information and we are not obligated to keep it confidential
- (b) we are entitled to use or disclose the submission for any purpose and in any way
- (c) we already may be considering or developing something similar to your submission; and
- (d) if we make use of all or part of your submission, you will not be entitled to any payment or other consideration.
Content Licenses and Ownership
You are welcome to make use of the site materials that are made available under open source or public licenses (such as content subject to Creative Commons licenses), on the condition that you comply with the requirements of the licenses. Information about the open source or public licenses that apply to specific site materials can be found either posted with or linked to those materials.
Your use of the site does not transfer to you any ownership or other rights in the site or its content. The site and the site materials are the property of Global Point Research and/or its content providers, and are protected by the laws of the United States and other countries, including their copyright and trademark laws. Except for materials available over the site under open source or public licenses, and except for uses that constitute “fair use” under U.S. copyright law (17 USC Sec. 107), the site may not be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, transmitted, modified, indexed, cataloged, mirrored or distributed in any way, in whole or in part, without the express prior written consent of Global Point Research.
Copyright Infringement Claims
Global Point Research respects the intellectual property rights of others, and we ask our users to do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work has been copied and is accessible on an Global Point Research site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please send a written notice to our Copyright Agent that includes:
- The electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located, such as the URL where it is posted
- Your name, address, telephone number and email address
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use of the material is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Global Point Research’s Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached at:
Address: Global Point Research, 4701 Broadway Avenue, Johnson City, TN 37601
Please note: In order to be effective, your notice must be in writing. This contact information is provided in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act and solely for reporting copyright infringement claims.
Advertisements, Third Party Posts and Links
The messages and other posts by third parties that appear on the site express the views of their authors, who are wholly responsible for that content. They do not represent our opinions.
We may display advertisements and promotions from third parties on the site. Also, the site contains links to third party sites or resources. Your contacts and interactions with these third parties and your participation in these promotions are solely between you and the third party, and we are not responsible or liable for any loss or damage to you that may the result.
We don’t endorse these third party sites or resources, and are not responsible for their availability.
The Global Point Research Logo, and other designations, marks and logos associated with Global Point Research products and services (“Global Point Research”) appearing on the site are trademarks, trade names and service marks owned by Global Point Research. Guidelines on the site may permit you to make certain specific uses of the Global Point Research. You agree not to use any Global Point Research without the prior written consent of Global Point Research, except as expressly permitted by the guidelines on our site.
You agree not to incorporate any Global Point Research into your trademarks, service marks, company names, Internet addresses, domain names, or any other similar designations. You may not remove or alter any Global Point Research, or co-brand your own services or material with any of the Global Point Research.
You agree to indemnify and hold Global Point Research and its officers, directors, affiliates, subsidiaries, partners, agents, licensors, licensees, suppliers, employees and representatives harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your violation of this TOS, or your violation of any rights of any third party based on or related to your use of the site.
Modification and Termination of Services
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to remove site materials, modify, suspend or terminate the site (or any portion of it), and/or your use of or access, with or without notice. We will not be liable to you or any third-party for any modification, suspension, or termination of the site.
Assumptions of Risk, Safety, and Warranty Disclaimer
You agree to assume all risk in downloading and using any site materials, and with respect to any project that you undertake based on any site materials. You must take precautions (e.g., virus scans, etc.) to ensure that any content you download is free of viruses, worms or other potentially destructive elements. Global Point Research provides no assurances that the site material is or will be free of viruses, problems, or errors, nor assurances that any such issues will be resolved.
Your safety when you undertake projects based on site material is your own responsibility, and your responsibilities include without limitation proper use of equipment and safety gear, and determining whether you have adequate skill and experience to perform the project. Power tools, electricity, and other resources used for these projects are dangerous, unless used properly and with adequate precautions, including safety gear. Some illustrations in the site materials do not depict safety precautions or equipment, in order to show the project steps more clearly. Projects described and depicted in the site materials are not intended for use by children.